Sunday, November 8, 2009

Easier Panoramics































1. Train Yard: 11-6-09, 4:25 pm; Rexburg, Idaho; f/5.6, 1/500s; Sony DSC-HX1
2. College View: 11-6-09, 5:50 pm; Rexburg, Idaho; f/4.0, 1/500s; Sony DSC-HX1
3. Old Tracks: 11-6-09, 4:40 pm; Rexburg, Idaho; f/3.5, 1/500s; Sony DSC-HX1

The school must've just gotten new camera's, and they are pretty nice. They have a setting that takes panoramic pictures all in one shot. It also lets you take them up and down! I had fun with it and here's some of the photos. after their edits.

1. I warmed the colors up in this photo, burned the edges and also used an action called Yin/Yang, that helped me mask out a bad shadow.
2. I brightened this up a little and then I burned the sky some to bring out the color.
3. I boosted the colors a little, and used the burn and dodge to clean it up.

5 comments:

  1. I love LOVE the 'old tracks' image! It is my favorite! I never would have thought to do a vert pano!
    Each of the shots are great and the adjustments are well balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the picture you took of the train tracks. It is a rally cool picture and is a unique shot. I like the three different shots you have taken, they are all different and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture taken from the Taylor building loos really cool, i really like how the clouds are flowing throughout the entire shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Old Tracks and Train Yard. They have good perspective and interesting subject matter. I think that I also have a biased for train tracks. But your angles are really good and your edits are really good too. What school cameras take the panoramics al in one? I would really like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the warm colors of the first picture. It is an interesting shot with the train too. The grass looks great and everything is in focus! Good idea about a vertical shot! Way to show your creativity. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete