Saturday, September 26, 2009

Landscape







































1. Secret Bridge: 9-26-09; 11:30 am; The Gardens; f/4.0, 1/280s; FujiFilm finepix S1000 - I looked somewhere else where the lighting was different and held the button half down to focus and then took the picture, like we learned in class..
2. Flowery Yellow: 9-26-09, 10:30 am; The Gardens; f/4.0, 1/70s; FujiFilm finepix S1000
3. Pond Wall: 9-26-09, 11:05 am; The Garden Pond; f/4.0, 1/320s; FujiFilm finepix S1000; I focused somewhere else before taking the picture.
4. Pond's View: 9-26-09, 11:00 am; The Gardens; f/40, 1/400s; FujiFilm finepix S1000;

I spent the morning at the gardens on campus with my cousins nice camera (Fuji finepix S1000). One thing that I enjoyed the most was looking away to focus towards somewhere with different lighting and then before I let lining up my shot that I intended to shoot. That seemed to make a big difference in taking pictures more rich in color.

1. I adjusted the brightness on this picture and it also had an annoying little bright spot in the bottom left corner so I burned it out and rubbed the shade into it. I also slightly adjusted the hue and saturation.
2. I probably changed this one the most as far as messing with lighting. First I blurred the background a little more, then I raised the brightness, lowered the contrast a little and also changed the hue and saturation. It really brought the shadows out more.
3. I don't think I adjusted this at all. I know I aimed away to focus somewhere else and doing that really made the colors turn out nice in this one. "The Gardens" font that is up is one I made with a texture of a new concrete sidewalk.
4. I didn't alter this picture either.

1 comment:

  1. I really like all of these photos. I especially like the one with the bridge peeking out from the trees, but my favorite is the one with the yellow flowers in the foreground. I love the lighting (you must have aimed the camera somewhere good before you shot it) and I like the blurry background. The sky is a little washed out on that one, so making that more even is my only suggestion. Great job!

    ReplyDelete