Saturday, September 19, 2009

White at Night




Hi, here are some photo's I took with a top of the line, state of the art, pretty little Canon Powershot A520. The color of focus: white.

"His hands," not 'His' hands but the hands of Joseph Smith taken Friday around 9 p.m.

Ten minutes later I captured part of a softly moving flower with the firm click of my right index finger.

I skillfully took each of these photos with f/2.6 and 1/60s.

***After class edit:
1. Hands: 9/18/09; 9pm; Hinckley building; f/2.6 and 1/60; Canon A520
2. Flower: 9/18/09 9:10pm; The gardens; f/2.6 and 1/60; Canon A520


3 comments:

  1. I really love these shots. I LOVE the flower, I think you took a beautiful image with the contrast of white and black, and it is cool how even though it is dark you can still see some of the green foliage in the background. :) I love your first one as well, and how you take a different approach to the picture in focusing on his hands instead of trying to capture the whole statue or focus just on his face. You could have tried to brighten and increase the contrast of that one a little in Photoshop, but it still looks really nice the way it is. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The daisy is amazing! I like the little bit of shadow on the bottom left of the daisy. It adds to the sense of depth created with such a high contrast photo. I like the composition of the first shot, but it could use a little bit of level adjustments. White is a bold choice because it is a difficult color to use as the focus of a shot. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having done white myself I am very impressed with the subjects you choose and how well they turned out. The flower is awesome - is that a shadow or something in the lower left hand corner? The focus on his hands was definitely different from the norm - the close up was really cool but I'd see what I could do to perhaps zoom in even closer, blur the background and set up the shot differently. As it stands right now it looks like the hands are smack in the middle of the picture - perhaps a different angle would've worked better.

    ReplyDelete